Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BlogHoppin - Meet the Teacher!

So the fact that I am posting this a day late probably tells you a bit about me!  I didn't even get home until 9:30 last night so the idea of posting a blog just wasn't working for me.  However, I am here now!  And welcome to my small blog!


Tell us a little something about you...

I'm Samantha and I live in Oklahoma.  It's miserably hot and I hate that.  I love the fall and can't wait for the weather to change!  I am almost 30, just bought my first house 6 months ago and got engaged.  We are getting married September 29th, 2012.  I am probably crazy for planning a wedding while school is in session but like I said, I love the fall!  

How long have you been teaching?

This is my 3rd  year as a "head" teacher.  Before that I was a tutor and an assistant teacher.  I've been in kindergarten each year (unless you count summer school, where I've also taught 1st and 2nd).  I really love kindergarten - they are so precious and sweet and excited to learn!  Even the little ornery ones just grow on me <3

You might not know...
 
Well since I'm new to the whole bloggin' world there's a lot you don't know.  However to pick something in particular, you might not know that I've played the clarinet since I was seven years old.  I don't play it too much anymore but I miss it.  Unfortunately my teaching takes up way too much time!

What are you looking most forward to this school year?

I'm excited to be trying new things this year.  As my third year,  I'm finally starting to feel comfortable in my "teacher's skin" and starting to branch out and do things different from my co-teachers.  I'm anxious to see how it goes and hopeful that this is my best year yet!

What do you need to improve?

My center time; this year I'm trying daily 5 and I am super excited to get it started.  I've always felt like centers were the hardest thing for me to figure out and I never feel like they are quite good enough.  But I think that daily 5 will help me tremendously if it goes well!

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?

I *LOVE* my SmartBoard.  Last year we were "displaced" for about 8 weeks and I didn't have a SmartBoard and it was like I had to re-learn how to teach!  

Also I need lots of notepads...I am addicted to making lists.  To-do lists, book lists, birthday lists, gift ideas, lesson ideas...

So that's me in a nutshell!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment